Post updated August 15th 2022
St Kitts and Nevis removes all Covid entry requirements.
All Covid entry requirements for St Kitts and Nevis have been removed as of today (Monday August 15th).
Visiting tourists are no longer required to be vaccinated OR to present a negative Covid test
Tourist visiting St Kitts are no longer required to be vaccinated or to present a negative Covid test.
These will be the requirements:
- Read the instructions on the St Kitts travel advisory website.
- Complete the immigration and customs for St Kitts and Nevis
- No vaccination proof is required
- No Covid test is required
- Public spaces on the island, taxis etc will require you to wear a mask.
The online customs form is used at the airport to speed your entry and takes only 5 minutes to complete online.
Timeline of Covid-19 pandemic in St Kitts and Nevis 2020 / 2021
- March 24th 2020 – First 2 cases of Covid identified.
- March 24th – All Borders closed.
- April – Both Islands subject to lockdowns and curfews during the whole month of April.
- May – No active cases on island, some restrictions lifted.
- May – Limited charter fights allowed for returning nationals (Quarantine required).
- July – 1 additional case, a total of 15 recovered.
- August – No active cases, a total of 17 recovered.
- September – 2 active cases, a total of 17 recovered
- November – Borders reopen, scheduled flights resume. ‘vacation in place’ rules implemented
- November – Caricom regional “travel bubble” implemented.
- December – St Kitts and Nevis leaves Caricom “travel bubble”.
- December 30th – American citizen found guilty of breaching quarantine regulations and fined $4,800.
- February 23rd 2021 – Vaccination program started on both islands with arrival of 20,000 doses of Oxford/AstraZenica Vaccine.
- April 4th 2021 – Arrival of second batch of 21,000 doses of Oxford/AstraZenica Vaccine.
- April 10th – 2021 SKN government announces the intention to open up the island to tourists during October 2021
- May 1st 2021 – Quarantine reduced to 9 days for fully vaccinated visitors.
- May 19th – First case of community transmission in St Kitts
- May 23rd – Schools closed for 2 weeks, overnight curfew activated.
- May 25th – Government announces all visitors must be vaccinated
- May 26th – Island lockdown imposed as case numbers increase due to community transmission of the covid-19 virus.
- June 11th 2021 – Overnight lockdown now in place.
- June 17th – First death from Covid-19.
- June 26th – Full 24hr lockdown in effect.
- July 5th 2021 – An extra 5,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine received in St Kitts and Nevis.
- July 12th – Lockdown lifted.
- July 12th – Quarantine requirements for visitors to St Kitts and Nevis reduced to 3 days.
- November 2021 – Restrictions lifted for Cruise Ship guests.
- November 2021 – Quarantine lifted, visitors now need to submit proof of Vaccination and a negative Covid test to enter St Kitts and Nevis.
- August 15th 2022 all restrictions lifted.
St Kitts and Nevis “Travel Approved” scheme
Workers and management in every sector of the tourist industry have been fully trained in Health and Safety protocols.
Certificates have been awarded and businesses have been inspected and only those meeting the strictest criteria will be awarded the seal along with permission to operate.
A comprehensive system of inspection and monitoring has also been established to ensure standards are maintained.